20 WAYS THAT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY
by Josh Balerite Acol
Ways that will make you happy? Are your thoughts constantly bogged by this?
How about writing them all and then finding yourself smiling alone?
Much more so when that smile of yours becomes bursts of crisp laughter echoing throughout your room?
Uh uh, I know what you are thinking. Others may suspect you for something, or someone weird when they find out what you are doing.
But, honestly, each of us has a certain moment in our lives where we prefer to be alone, away from the stressful life we encounter every day from the various skittering, hullabaloos, noise, and traffic.
Don’t deny it, dear soul. There comes a time when it feels better to be alone and find our old self. (yay!) I don’t mean your aging self…lol.
What I mean to say is your simple old self, your childish alter ego, where you just eat, play, and sleep, go to school, do your tasks and go home, eat, play and sleep again, without the daunting adult tasks you are supposed to do every day.
Or shall I say just think about what your ideal day is? I will give you a moment to imagine about it, while I tell you about mine.
Mine is basking on the sand, strolling in the wee hours of the day solely of course when nobody is awake yet.
Moreover, to make my day happy, I prefer brisk walking around and inhaling the healthy salty mist of the sea, (which by the way, as studies show, improves our immune system, and enhances the overall health of every cell and organ of our body) while the sun is slowly dawning, on the golden horizon.
O m g! I feel so tranquil, calm and cool, just vegging out without worrying about anything.
After a while, I would sit down near the edge of the beach, drinking my favorite smoothie or coffee, allowing nature to fill up my senses, to empower my mind for creativity. (oh wow! I can feel it now).
That would be the best time for me to write and express myself. While the gentle sound of the waves of the sea, is my background music, I can linger on the vast emptiness of my mind, feeling the enormous magnet of nature, filling each empty brain loops, and inspiring my heart to pour my mixed feelings of joy and satisfaction.
Well, well, well, I’m almost carried away by my vivid imagination. It’s time for you to share the ways that will make your day happy.
How about you cherished Soul? What is your preferred ideal day? Can you tell me some of the things that make you glad that is not on the following list? Or better yet can you please relate to me what is your envisioned gleeful, winsome day?
1. Reading an inspirational quote. This makes you refreshed and revitalized. One of the most important benefits you can get here is having to choose a one-liner quote, that will be a sort of your daily or weekly mantra or positive affirmations. Mine, for now, is, “Get shit done”. Here you can check out these 100 affirmations to lift up your dislodged self.
Sign up for our newsletter: Grab this free ebook, “31 Quotes To Inspire and Motivate You When You Are Stressed and Feeling Hopeless”https://t.co/n7l0OU4DC8
— Soulful Encourager (@SoulfulEncoura1) October 23, 2019
2. Looking at some old pictures with your family. Isn’t it wholesome and pleasant- feeling when you are able to connect yourself with your past memories especially happy childhood memoirs by looking at your loving family’s old photographs? I have done it myself. Try it!
3. Spending a moment with your BFF strolling and brisk walking. This way you can catch up with the best buddy of yours for lost bonding time and moreover, taking long walks or brisk walking is a healthy, fun way of doing physical fitness exercises for your lazy soul.
4. Listening to a Christmas song. I just don’t know about you dear Soul, but listening to Christmas songs makes me alive and inspires my day. After all, the -ber months has started. Remember, this is the last week of the month of October and we only have 6 or more weeks to go, and our most awaited time of the year comes. It pays to be well-rehearsed early for our yuletide carols this coming Holiday season. 😂I’ll bet this will make you happy, sweetie.
5. Cooking a fave meal and sharing and eating it with loved ones. You can’t describe fully the joyful expression of a loved one admiring your cooking skills, with your mouth-watering recipes, of course.
6. Doing your favorite skills like sketching and drawing. Mine’s sketching, painting, blogging or lettering? How about you dear, old Soul? Is it knitting? Or adding a new one to your list. Maybe, you are passionately curious about acquiring something new like learning adobe illustrator or adobe sketch, web designing, or doing amazing DIY crafts. Then, by all means, you can have it. Learn by heart and whatever happens, do it, and you’re on the right track, Baby!
7. Singing your fave song. Without hesitation, sing it! Wear your, “I don’t care” attitude. And the world will sing with you. Hell, yow!
8. Reading posts from your favorite blogs. If your dream is to become a blogger like me, then start by engaging yourself with reading some remarkable blogs and studying and learning from it. I have known and met, and still acquiring knowledge, from an awesomely badass blogger whom you can get and absorb so much more rewarding and productive tips! Check it out now.
You’ll never know dear, you are already beginning to create your own, and soon have your own side hustle. (thumbs up!)
9. Doing Zumba with friends. Another kind of exercise fitness program created by Colombian dancer and choreographer Alberto “Beto” Perez during the 1990s. It is a fitness program that combines Latin and international music with dance moves.
Zumba routines incorporate interval training — alternating fast and slow rhythms — and resistance training. What makes Zumba popular, is that you will feel more like you are in a dance party than in a workout. You gotta dance to the beat of salsa, flamenco, and meringue. You will achieve a great cardio workout, strengthen your core, melt your fats and improve your flexibility.
Moreover, studies show that doing Zumba in an hour burns up to 400-510 calories, much more so if you do it without fail three times a week.
10. Indulging yourself eating your fave black chocolate. Oh my! I can’t resist this one, because this is another fave of mine, eating dark chocolates. I have found out that research shows dark chocolate has real stress-relieving properties and health benefits. The higher the percentage of cocoa (70% above) the better. But do take it with moderation, please. Just have a good read at this article and you better believe it.
11. Drinking coffee while browsing the internet. Another fave of mine, scrolling different social media accounts, make you forget what you are stressed at. You can even find helpful tips and advice if you are at a loss and nobody is around to help. Take this moment as a good example, my dear. You have accidentally landed on my site. Thank you so much for dropping by and I feel obliged to be of much help to you.
12. Watching a great movie. One of the great benefits of watching a good movie is making you revitalize by disconnecting from your present turmoil, making you relax, having a good laugh and just simply enjoying it.
13. Drinking and eating healthy. It pays to take good care of yourself first. If you want to feel good, do good and think good, eating a well-balanced diet makes it all a well done, stress less day. You’d better do it often.
14. Reading an amazing book is also a good form of personal entertainment. There are many important benefits of reading, but the number one on my list is, it helps ward off stress and depression, especially if you are reading a self-help book. Aside from improving your communication and vocabulary skills, sharpening your memory, enhancing your imagination, it can help boost your sleep, by making your mind peaceful and relaxed.
Here are some websites where you can download free ebooks:
- Google eBookstore
- Free eBooks
- Open Library
- Internet Archive
- PDF Books World
- International Digital Children’s Library
- And here are the top ten free ebook apps to get millions of books.
15. Traveling or Going on a vacation trip. Going to places you have never been to before improves your social and communication skills, broadens your horizons, gives you more educational experiences, peace of mind, self-confidence, lifetime memories, and aids you in getting to know yourself better.
16. Helping somebody who needs your help especially when you made him or her day brighter, makes your heart jump with joy. For me, this surpasses all the other things on this list that makes one happy.
Nothing compares to the golden rule which is reflected in God’s teachings from the Bible. “So always treat others as you would like them to treat you; that is the meaning of the Law and the Prophets” (Matthew 7:12).
On the other hand, Confucius, a famous Chinese philosopher, was also quoted, saying this 5 centuries before Christ. Studies revealed that this rule is also called the Ethic of reciprocity, but in some religions, it is treated differently.
17. Writing a letter to long lost kin or buddy in your own handwriting. Since we are now in a Computer Age, personal handwritten letters are uncommon but considered to be a unique gift to somebody whom you cherish much. It lessens your stress, shows off your unique handwriting and tells somebody they are special because you have set aside a portion of your precious time to let them know how you feel, without wanting to ask for a response.
As they say it, you do it to give, not to receive. You write because there’s something you need to say, not something you need to know.
18. Doing Meditation and Yoga. Another alternative form of exercise is these two. The well-acclaimed benefits of meditation are relieving stress and anxiety, strengthening your immune system and keeping your mind sharp. While yoga is leveling up your endurance, flexibility, balance, and strength.
19. Waking up early when all is still asleep and feeling you are in charge. Each day, make it routine to waking yourself up early. It is so hard at first if you are used to having late nights. But, try sleeping early, and of course, you will wake up early, too. Many successful entrepreneurs and writers have applied this technique, as you can accomplish more tasks when you start the day right by starting with the hardest and then to the one you love most doing.
20. Accomplishing a task. Do you want to achieve something, but finding it hard to do so because of overwhelming or procrastination habits? Then, cheer up, sweet bod, because I have a favorite quote about this for you, to motivate you.
These are just some of the ways that will make you happy. They are so fun and easy to do especially when you are feeling weary, sad and depressed.
To recap it all, making yourself happy and lightening up your day is your choice. Choose it, or else, ruin it. What do you think, sniffles? How about sharing these awesome tips? That will make others joyful too, definitely.